Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler
Control your fermentation temperatures with Cool Brewing's simple, yet innovative, insulated fermentation bag. This is the 2nd generation Cool Brew bag, which has made cold fermentations even easier! Fermenting your homebrew at the right temperature is one of the critical factors in making good beer. Let the temperature get too warm, and your beer will taste 'rough' as the soft malt and vibrant hop flavors dissapear! The Cool Brewing Bag allows the apartment brewer, those who have space constraints, or the brewer on a budget a great option to control fermentation temperature and make great beer.
Cool Brewing's Fermentation Cooler is designed specifically to accommodate standard 6.5, 6 or 5 gallon fermenter. You freeze a 2 liter soda bottle with water, or similar, and place in the fermentation bag with your fermenting carboy.
The typical desired ale fermentation range is on average around 62-72 degrees F. For a typical 5 gallon batch (1) frozen 2-liter bottle should lower wort temperature around 5 degrees, while using (2) 2-liter bottles will lower wort temperature around 11 degrees for 24-36 hours. Of course your exact results might vary but you can adjust the amount of ice you use as you go. The manufacturer has found they can cool the wort temperature up to around a 30-35 degree drop from ambient room temperature.
The Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler is sealed, insulated and 100% waterproof so it will efficiently and neatly keep your temperatures in check. When you’re done, the Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler easily folds up for storage until the next brew day!
Cool Brew Features
-Up to twice as efficient and cleaner then homemade swamp coolers
- Much less expensive than custom kegorator or keezer set up's that cost $100's of dollars.
- Cool Brewing Cooler will work with multiple sized fermenters.
- 100% waterproof so will not leave condensation.
- It folds up for easy storage when not in use or travel.
- Will work great in condos and warm climates where you need a swamp cooler even for Ale’s!
- Contains the mess of any fermentation blowouts
- Inner dimensions: 21.5"D x 25.5"H
How Does The Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler Work?
1. The Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler works great up to around a 17 degree C drop below room
2. It is easy to control the desired temperature by using frozen 2-liter bottles as follows:
One frozen 1-liter bottle will result in a 1.5 degree C drop below room temperature.
One frozen 2-liter bottle will result in a 3 degree C drop below room temperature.
Two frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 6 degree C drop below room temperature.
Three frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 9 degree C drop below room temperature.
This method is scalable all the way up to around a 17 degrees C drop below room
3. A frozen 2-liter bottle typically does not thaw completely in 24 hours so it is easy to maintain a
constant temperature drop.